JMartans Automation ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) knows how important privacy is to its clients and partners, and we strive to be clear about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your information.
What and how we collect information
We only collect information that we will genuinely use for the purposes set out in this policy.
Specifically, we collect all information you submit to us including your name, address, e-mail address, contact details, job title, company, and any other communications and documentation (including signed documentation) that you send or deliver to us.
You can choose to submit information to us in several ways:
- By sending us emails and text messages (including SMS and WhatsApp)
- By interacting with us on social media platforms
- By speaking to us in our offices or over the phone
- By filling in forms on our Website(s):
- Contacts and Quick Message form: In these forms, we ask for your name, email address and telephone number. We use this data to contact you in response to your message. This processing occurs based on a justified interest or your permission;
- Product request for: In this form we ask for your name, email address and telephone number. We use this data to contact you in response to your message and to be able to provide you with information. This processing occurs so that we can take measures to conclude a potential agreement with you, such as providing a quotation;
- Upload you CV” form: In this form we ask for your name, email address, telephone number and for your CV. We use this data with regard to your application process to assess whether you are suitable for the position, and to contact you in this respect. This processing occurs so that we can take measures to conclude a potential agreement/employment contract with you;
- Log-in form: It is possible for selected customers to log in to our website(s). For this purpose, we process your email address and your chosen password. This processing occurs based on the agreement we have with you, allowing us to take measures to conclude a potential agreement with you.
- We may receive personal information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you;
- Background information on you available from government sources or other organizations and entities (for example credit reference agencies).
We store your data on our system. We will not use the personal data you provide us with for any purpose other than those cited above.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect:
- To provide you with our services/products and to perform any service or contract we have entered into with you but also to enforce a contract against you if you do not honour it, including seeking to collect any debts that we may be owed;
- To gather feedback from you about our services;
- To respond to any question, suggestions, issues or complaints you have raised with us;
- To respond to any social media post or other public comments you make where there are made directly to or about us or our services/products;
- To check that you have or are likely to have the means to pay us for services/products provided;
- To maintain administrative and statutory records about our business to enable us to understand what services/products we have provided, how, when, where and at what price and account to the tax authorities for the related taxes that we have to pay; and
- To comply with a court order or statuary requirement and to able to defend our legal position in respect of such court order or statuary requirements.
Our legal basis for processing your information
The legal basis for processing your information is based either (a) on your consent which you have expressed in the data consign form or (b) when such processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering in such contract, or (c) the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or (d) the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party in relation to the execution of a contract and defense of our rights.
Sharing your data
We, sometimes, share the data collected with:
- Data storage companies such as third-party Cloud Service Providers;
- Professionals who help us provide our services to you (e.g. banks or payment services companies who enable you to use cheques, wire transfer, credit or payment cards with us);
- Our insurers and insurance brokers where required in order for us to be able to obtain insurance against risks we face in running our business or in order to honor a claim;
- Any new business partners we may have over time;
- Our professional advisors (e.g. layers, accountants, auditors, technology advisors);
- The Police, local authorities, the Courts and any other central or local government bodies where they request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for example, for the prevention and detection of crime.
In accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only retain your information for as long as we need it to achieve the purpose(s) for which we obtained it in the first place, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
The information we receive may be provided by you either by hand delivery at our offices, by post, or electronically. Once your information is received by us, we use appropriate procedures and technical security measures to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks and offices against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Your privacy rights
Based on the GDPR, you have the right to request the inspection, alteration, restriction and erase of your personal data. Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights. You will find our contact details at the end of this statement.
Our company name is JMartans Automation ltd. Our offices are situated at F10B Mosta Technopark, Mosta MST 3000, Malta.
The following are our contact details:
Tel: [+356] 2142 0655
We are what is known as the “data controller” of the information you provide to us. This term is a legal phrase used to describe the person or entity who controls the way is used and processed.